Thursday, December 11, 2008

gas is cheaper and i can go further !

The gas is scary cheap these days !!!
It is a good news, but the speed that the price is coming down
is unreal. It's scary because it might go back up as fast as it
came down. . . .
But since the gas is a little cheaper, I can afford to go out
a little more and a little further.
Like this restaurant Furaibo in City of Industry.
They are famous for the Tabasaki Chicken (basically chicken wings).
You can choose various spicyness, but it's a totally different kind
of spicyness compared to the usual buffalo wings.
This is a ramen place called Daikokuya in downtown
Los Angeles. The ramen, gyoza, and fried rice was
all good !!! I heard that usually this place is crowded,
but I think I got lucky because I was able to sit right away !!
I'm back in regular golf practice now and this is the
practice range at Scholl Canyon GC. If you look closely,
you can see the downtown. They also have the shorter
Par 60 golf course, so I'll come back to play here in the future !
The sunset made the clouds really red. That was cool !
On the other side was the moon, but it was soooo white.
It was as if someone flashed a flourescent lamp onto the
surface of the moon !!

hiro

6 comments:

Annyo said...

^_^ Mmm... Gyoza.

I need to go shopping!

Anonymous said...

that gyoza was rectangle in shape, but was really good ! lots of scallions (green onions) !!!

Annyo said...

Funny story (for me anyway).

I like sushi but it is not my first choice with Japanese food (favorite is Oyaku~don). So my friend Masaya came over to make sushi one night by hand (i think he worked in a sushi place in osaka/kobe).

He put some wasabi on the roll with his finger but it was not even. Don't you know I got some sushi with alot of wasabi on it. My cheeks and forehead got pink and I had to close my eyes. I know I almost fell off my chair.

I open them to find Miho, Kosuke and Masaya quietly looking at me. Of course, then they smiled, laughed and told me next time to hold my arms up like a roller coaster ride and yell "wooooo".

Makes me laugh.

G. Chandler said...

I play that same golf course. Feels good when your overall score is much lower then on a 72 par.

Anonymous said...

AnnieC,
haha, yeah wasabi is only good when you have a subtle amount.
and that must be oyako-don, with chiken and egg !


G. Chandler,
oh yeah, that's cool !! i haven't played the course yet, but it looks fun with some elevation changes !

Annyo said...

Ha! Yeah my face was tingling.. that is how quickly it hit me. I makes me laugh to think of how I must have looked to them.

*^_^*

I tend to be goofy... at times.
One day I will tell you about the time we had a Japanese language study group.. *sigh* Bad.

^_~